Wednesday 11 November 2009

DOWNLOAD: Ellie Goulding - Under The Sheets [Pariah Remix]



I wanted to make some joke about that ODB lyric in his ill fated Mariah Carey collaboration where he went like "Me and Mariah, go back like babies with pacifiiiiiers/Old dirt dog no liiiiiiiar/Keep your fantasy hot like fiiiiire" when I downloaded this, but I've tried several times and failed on all of them.

But yeah, I've not heard of Ellie Goulding outside of some pictures my housemate might have showed me once (out to Skepple), but then I guess thats the main thinking behind how a remix works innit? Opening doors for scene purists to spill their guts about pop music on message boards across the internet.

Still, Pariah is the shit, literally, he's so money that he doesn't even know it. And this remix of a great example of why we'll be keeping a close eye on all things Arthur, that and his frankly astounding 'Detroit Falls' b/w 'Orpheus' release on R&S.

For your benefit I linked him AIM to chat about the remix:

Pariah: "I guess this remix was probably my first attempt at doing a more straight up 'dubstep' track. I had been listening to loads of Scuba before making it so I think that whole dub-techno vibe has leaked through onto this tune."

Sonic Router: Yeah... I guess you can hear it in the lead synth, all those imperfections and crackles...

"I was surprised by how this turned out... I was really struggling to do anything with the tune and I'd been trying loads of different tempos and that, but this is the one that seemed to suit it best and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out."

Yeah... so are we.

DOWNLOAD: Ellie Goulding - Under The Sheets [Pariah Remix]

Link:
http://www.myspace.com/pariahbeats

Photo courtesy of Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment