Friday 6 March 2009

DOWNLOAD: Grevious Angel - Funky Manifesto



Again with the Grievous. Topic of the day this time: Funky.

We'll let him explain:

"This is not a mix. Rather, this is a compilation of the best UK Funky I could find, taken from radio shows, partly inspired by the Wiley best ofs that have been around recently. I'm NOT pretending I have these tunes. Rather, I'm showcasing the best in UK Funky. Because, while funky is wonderful, there's a lot of tunes out there I don't like that much, and I wanted an hour of music I could point to that would say, "this is what I want. This is what I want to make." Something that would be, for want of a better word, a manifesto of what Funky could be; what I think it should be. I'm not very geeky about funky, or at least not yet, I just love it and listen to it and make it, so I don't know many of the tunes on here. Probably someone like Queen of Sheba or Paul Autonomic knows every single one, but I don't. The lyrics tab has timings of the radio shows and podcasts that I've taken the rips from."

DOWNLOAD: Grievous Angel - Funky Manifesto

[Rough] Tracklist:

4m - big marcus nasty tune! still don’t know who made it.
8m - another one. scotty d or lil silva?
11m - lil silva ‘different’ (vip?) layered with crazi cousinz ‘inflation’
20m - dj gregory and karizma ‘don’t panic’
21m - wookie ‘gallium’
25m - dj gregory and karizma ‘vasefa’
28m - maybe kenny dope or terry hunter?
38m - sticky ‘how very dare you’
40m - perempay ‘in the air’
43m - don’t know but i’ve been wondering too..
45m - hard house banton ’sirens’
47m - vasefa again
51m - slipped my mind but i think ukfunky has it

Links:
http://blog.grievousangel.net

No comments:

Post a Comment